Friday, March 02, 2007

Kewing for the Monsoon Season

Yahoo! The dreary rainy day heralded in a loverly delivery...the first of the 2007 Socks That Rock Club kits...Monsoon. Loving this. Evoked the weather without being dull or flat or boring...and the pattern looks pretty interesting too...and lookie...baby sock yarn! I was hoping they'd send keychains and they did, they did!

And I finished the first of the Kew socks (Colinette Jitterbug, Florentine colorway). This pattern knits up very quickly and I love the base yarn Colinette used...it's almost identical to the Socks That Rock sproingy merino...high twist, nice and cushy. I wish they didn't shortchange the yardage...just under 300 yards in the skein, unlike the STR 380 yards...but there's plenty for a pair of Kews. Reminds me why I really need some sock blockers...the lacy leaf pattern used in Kew doesn't lay flat on its own so photographs all bumpy and scrumpy and weird (oh my).

6 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Ack! Must get me some Socks That Rock!!!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love your skein! I hope I get my package here in Nor Cal today too.

Love your Kews, btw. I did mine in STR Nodding Violet and that leaf pattern did the same bumpy wave too.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

The Kew sock is very cute - I just bought some Jitterbug in a different color so glad to see a good review. I'm still waiting for my STR - didn't come today...sigh...

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger KnittingNutter said...

Scrumptious sock!

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger gilraen said...

2 lovely socks in great yarns. I agree about Jitterbug, great yarn shame it's so stingy. I can get 2 pairs out of STR (one is a child's pair!) and for the same price.

I'm impatiently waiting for my STR club package too. :)

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger sarah said...

we didn't get a key chain in our package. it's so cute--have fun with it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home